Monday, February 2, 2015

Reading Diary A: Week 4- The Beginning of Rama

Pages 1-59


  • I found it interesting that it was up to Valmiki to save Sita from killing herself and her twin boys.
  • I also like that it was the killing of a innocent bird that started poetry. It is a way of saying that even in death there is beauty to be found.
  • I thought it was funny that Valmiki when the Grandfather of the Universe was sitting beside him that all he could think about was the two birds.
  • I like that the sons of Rama are singing Ramayana and that Rama doesn’t even know that it is his own sons that are giving doing it.
  • I was shocked to see how easily Ravana defeated all of Heaven. Also I found it a little disturbing that the reason Ravana had all this power was because Brahma granted him the wish that he couldn’t be defeated by anything of Heaven or the Underworld.
  • I was shocked to see how the first demons were born. Also I thought it was interesting that the demons weren’t actually bad in the beginning. It wasn’t until they started branching out of Lanka that they became evil.
  • I was happy to see that even though they are supposed to be evil Vibhishana wished that he would never forget Dharma in peril or in pleasure. Since this was his wish Brahma granted him immortality on Earth and exempt from death or oblivion.


Lord Brahma. Source


No comments:

Post a Comment