Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Reading Diary B: Week 4- Rama in Exile

Pgs 60-109

  • I thought it was that the King asked his advisors and high ranking officials if they thought Rama should be king. I was surprised because most kings wouldn’t ask their subjects if they thought this person should be king, usually kings just do as they please.
  • I really don’t like the servant Manthara. She is a evil, old crone. She twisted the mind of Queen Kaikeyi.
  • I can’t tell if Queen Kaikeyi is just acting like she doesn’t know what to do when she goes to the anger room. I think she has already made up her mind and is just putting on a show.
  • It shows that Rama is truly a good person when he harbors no ill will towards his father or his step mother. He even goes on to say that his brother will be a good king.
  • The King is going to die soon from having to exile Rama. He doesn’t seem to be able to let it go.
  • Sita and Lakshmana both easily decide to accompany Rama into exile.
  • I really like the character of Guha. He loves to hunt. I also liked that when he died Shiva saved him from Hell.
  • The house that Lakshmana builds sounds beautiful.
  • It is sad to see the King in such a bad condition. I was surprised to find out that he had killed that innocent man when he was younger. He truly seems sorry for killing that young man. He finally goes to meet death in his sleep.





Lord Rama, Sita, and Lakshmana in exile. Source

2 comments:

  1. I write my reading diary very similarly to you. I like to bullet point the things that caught my attention while reading, so that it will remind me when I return to my notes later. I like that you add some of your thoughts to the diary, showing what you don’t understand, or maybe something that you misunderstood when you first started reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I thing that they way you organize your reading diary posts are great. They are easy to read and your comments are grouped together well. It is just sad that the King chose to exile Rama. If he were a stronger man than we would have not given up to the pressure of Kaikeyi.

    ReplyDelete