Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reading Diary A: Week 5- Rama and Bharata

Pages 110-161

  • I thought it was interesting that Bharata and his brother both knew that something bad had happened the night that their father passed away.
  • I really admire that Bharata has no desire to be king. He wants Rama to be king.
  • I also am glad that Bharata forgave his mother for what she did.
  • I am glad that they had the funeral for the King so that his spirit could escape Time.
  • I thought it was interesting that everyone from the city followed Bharata to try and bring Rama back. Sumitra should’ve known there was no way Rama would come back before the fourteen years.
  • I can only imagine what it must’ve been like for Bharata to leave the little hut, and come back to this eloquent dinner and place.
  • I thought it was cool that Bharadwaja blessed each of the wives of the King. Especially Bharata mother. I thought for sure that she wouldn’t get blessed.
  • The exchange between Rama and Bharata is excellent. It really shows their true character. Bharata wants nothing more than to see Rama on the throne right now. Rama wants to wait out his exile of fourteen years. No matter how hard Bharata tries to convince Rama to come back early, Rama won’t.
  • I thought it was honorable for Bharata to rule in his stead until the fourteen years are up. Though I think it is a little over the top for him to kill himself if Rama doesn’t show up on the first day after the fourteen years are up.




Rama and Bharata. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment