Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Reading Diary A: Week 6- Hanuman in Lanka

Pgs. 219-270

  • I liked that Hanuman is telling the story of Rama to everyone present.
  • I loved that since Hanuman is telling the story of Rama it stops Jatayu’s older brother from taking and eating the listeners of the Hanuman’s story.
  • I really liked that Sampati saved his younger brother from experiencing the intense heat that made his wings useless!
  • It is weird to think that the city of Lanka is actually a goddess. I can’t believe Hanuman defeated Lanka so easily, and that she let him pass with no repercussions for his actions.
  • I like that Hanuman has utter faith that Sita wouldn’t betray Rama when he is searching for her.
  • Hanuman still thinks that Sita is beautiful even though she has been suffering at the hands of Ravana. Even in the face of Ravana Sita is still defiant. I am amazed that she can put up such a resistance to him since she has been fasting since she was taken.
  • It is interesting that Indrajit takes the time to worship Shiva. I would have thought that he wouldn’t worship the gods. Also it is funny that he cast the mantra against Hanuman and it worked, but the other demons tied him up with other chains so the effect of the mantra didn’t work.


Hanuman setting Lanka on fire. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment