Monday, January 26, 2015

Reading Diary A: Week 3- Rama and Sugreeva

Pages 89-130

  • I found it interesting that Vali didn’t even try to find out why it was he was entombed. He just assumed that his brother Sugreeva wanted the throne. It seems odd that he would jump to conclusions like that because they seemed quite close before the whole ordeal.
  • I liked how Rama justified his actions to Vali. In the end I was glad to see Vali recognized his wrongdoings.
  • Rama really seems to be struggling with that fact he let Shita get captured. During this time his thoughts are very dark. I think he would have given up if it hadn’t been for Lakshmana. Lakshmana is a good at reaching Rama in this dark time. He is able to give Rama hope.
  • If Tara hadn’t been smart, I think that Lakshmana would have destroyed the town. She is quick and leveled headed. I also like that she speaks her mind.
  • It is funny that Sugreeva wanted nothing but to serve Rama, but he couldn’t resist the pleasures in the world. In the end I was glad to see that he was able to admit his mistake to Rama and that he swore off of alcohol.
  • Hanuman is very loyal to Rama. He takes every detail about Shita to heart. He wants to serve Rama well.
  • I am glad to see that Hanuman is able to reach his potential when he is able to grow so that he can cross the ocean to find Shita.


Rama waiting to strike. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment