Sunday, January 25, 2015

Possible Storybook Topics

Possible Choice-For my storybook this year I am really interested in looking more into the the avatars of the gods! In the myths and folklore class I did a storybook on demigods, half Greek god. half human. For this class I would really like to try and bridge my previous storybook with this new one. I would really like to try and include Rama in this storybook because he is the main character of the book we are currently reading and because of this I would have plenty of material to help construct my own story with. 

Research so far: If I decided to not use Rama, I would be interested in using the avatar, Vamana, he is half dwarf and being the fantasy reader I am this sounds great. I did some research on Wikipedia about Vamana. He came into the world to make the King Mahabali remember his place. He was a very benevolent king, but he had become too pompous. If I decided to use Vamana I would probably have to make the king a much darker character to add to the drama of the story.


Possible idea-I have would be to write my storybook about Hanuman. Hanuman was the monkey god. He was also one of the most devout followers of Rama. I think it would be fun to write a storybook involving a monkey god! Since he is also involved in Ramayana I would have plenty of material to pick from to help with ideas for my storybook. 

Research- On Wikipedia it seems that Hanuman has the ability to shapeshift. This ability could make for a really awesome attribute to my story. He is also one of the immortals of Hinduism. I think he would be an excellent character to write a storybook about.


Possible idea- I also think it would be fun to do a powerfully female character for my storybook. It seems like most of the epics revolve around men, but I would like to see a women become the central figure. I think Shita would be a great choice for this. She is the wife of Rama.

Research- Since she is in Ramayana there would be ample information I could use for the storybook. I have done some research about her on Wikipedia. After everything she had to endure in her life, she would be an excellent choice.



Possible idea- I would like to have a storybook involving the Rakshasas. They are the demons that the gods and humans fight. It would be fun to have a storybook involving them because there are already great epics involving a hero that must slay them. 

Research- One specific one that would be enjoyable to have in my storybook would be Ravanna. He is the main rakshasas in the book Ramayana. So it would be fun to have Ravanna be ruler of the world, and have some young hero realize his destiny, and have the battle to save the world.



Ravanna doing battle. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment