Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Indian Epics Overview


I am really looking forward to starting this class! I have never had a class on Indian culture or history so this will be a great opportunity to learn about it. I think it will be interesting to read the same story written by two different people because of their different backgrounds. I am excited to see how their different lives will affect their stories. Also I really liked hearing the Indian music. I have never really heard before, but the song that was in the overview was really entertaining! I have read some epic literature before The Game of Thrones. I absolutely love these books! They are amazing works of literature. One topic that I am really interested in learning about are avatars. When I took the Myths and Folklore class I wrote a storybook on demigods, and for this class I would like to try and incorporate avatars in my storybook.


Ganesha with his consorts. Image Source

I chose this picture because I have seen Ganesha image before. I don't know a lot about Ganesha, but I am excited to find out more information about Ganesha.

No comments:

Post a Comment