Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week 8

By far my favorite thing to read has been Buck’s Ramayana. I liked it much more than the first Ramayana because of the greater detail Buck had in his story. In my opinion this added to a already great story. I like the way I write my reading diary because the bullet points make the notes very short and precise. I can see how using the bullet style could be bad for some people. Since everything is short and precise, someone may forget a lot of the story if they aren’t careful. I like having the reading diaries for help writing the story. It definitely helps by giving me some extra details that I may have forgot about the story.

I do love to read on my own. The readings for this class don’t overlap a ton. But the theme of having a hero in the story is a main component to the type of books I enjoy reading. I am excited later in the semester to have the opportunity to read from the Un-textbook. I didn’t chose to read from it these past few weeks, but after reading other people’s stories I am looking forward to getting a chance to read them.




Hanuman setting fire to Lanka. Source

1 comment:

  1. Shane, I also liked Buck’s Ramayana much more than Narayan’s version because it had so much more detail. It definitely improved the story. I also agree that reading diaries help keep track of ideas to use for the storytelling posts, especially if you work ahead because they remind me what I found interesting within the story. I think bullet points is a great way to take notes; however, I’m so used to using paragraphs that it is just natural to me.

    ReplyDelete