Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Writing Review Week 8


This class has been one of the more challenging to write about. I was able to write different kind of stories in the Myths and Folklore class, but that was because of the multitude of stories that we read. For this class since we have only been reading one book so far the stories have to be much more thought out. I have enjoyed writing for this class though. It has challenged me to become a better writer. I am looking forward to the next opportunity to being able to read the Un-textbook because I will be able to write a different kind of story then I have so far. I have really enjoyed writing for my storybook! I really like the ideas that I have, and I am excited to finish it soon!



Rama and Sita. Source

4 comments:

  1. Shane, I completely understand your problem with writing in this class. I’m so worried about not just repeating what the book has to offer, especially when we have to read two versions of the same story. At first, I was worried about that but I just tried to pick characters or events in the story that were briefly mentioned and not major plot points. I found that this strategy helped me immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane, I thought this was one of the bigger problems in this class that we are forced to write the same type of story regarding the same topics over and over again. However, as you said I instead of realized it is just a big challenge that is forcing us to become not only better writers, but also more creative writers. I have found that I have started planning out my story a lot more before writing it instead of just writing as it comes to me, which I usually do. It seems as if everyone's stories have become much better as the semester has progressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shane! I haven't been in the Myth Folklore class yet to distinguish the difference between that and the Indian Epics one we are taking right now, but you're right...it's kind of hard to write stories based off of one book. It really taught me how to become more creative and a better writer so I get where you are coming from. It is pretty cool that Laura gave us the Un-textbook version so we can switch it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shane! I haven't been in the Myth Folklore class yet to distinguish the difference between that and the Indian Epics one we are taking right now, but you're right...it's kind of hard to write stories based off of one book. It really taught me how to become more creative and a better writer so I get where you are coming from. It is pretty cool that Laura gave us the Un-textbook version so we can switch it up.

    ReplyDelete